Make your gift today!
Please support the education you love knowing that by contributing to our school and its mission, you truly are changing the world one amazing child at a time.
- There are many levels and ways to give - monthly donations, yearly gifts, gifts by check, credit card or online. Our Family Giving Pledge Form includes more information about it.
- Or make your gift online today!
What is the Woodland Star Family Giving Program?
Family Giving is our school's most important fundraising activity of the year. It is an essential part of Woodland Star's operating budget. Your Family Giving donations provide support to the essential programs and priorities of a Waldorf education:
- Quality classroom materials
The Family Giving Program is the responsibility of the Woodland Star Ed. Foundation (WSEF), which is a committed group of parents and faculty working together to financially support our school and build relationships with parents, alumni, grandparents, friends, corporations and foundations. It is only through a community effort and the commitment and yearly support of families and friends like you that Woodland Star Charter School can continue to provide a rich Waldorf-inspired education with programs infrequently found in traditional public education.
Our school’s success requires the participation of all families. Every donation counts and it is meaningful! The Family Giving Program supports our school and builds a community with a culture of giving, where everyone participates and enjoys the benefits of their support as a whole. It is also an opportunity we have to educate the next generation of givers - our children. By having 100% participation in the Family Giving Program strengthens our case when we apply for gifts from outside sources. It shows we have the endorsement of 100% of our school community. Whether you can give $25 or $2,500, our goal is 100% participation, with all families voluntarily contributing to their own ability.
At Woodland Star Charter School we share a commitment to our children’s education and to one another, and we are confident that this year’s Family Giving Program will be our best yet.
For more information about our Family Giving Program, read these Frequently Asked Questions.
Other ways to enhance your participation:
- Many companies with local branches such as Medtronic, Wells Fargo Bank, AT&T, Kaiser Permanente, PG&E and others offer matching gifts for employees, employees' spouses or partners and some retirees. This is an easy and significant way to double or triple your Family Giving donations since companies will match dollar-for-dollar your contribution. Request a Matching Gift Form from your company's benefits or personnel office and submit it with your Family Giving Form. To learn more about other companies that provide this benefit please contact us at 707-996-3849 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have a party or celebration coming up, you may offer your guests an option to donate to Woodland Star on behalf of your child/children. Family members, friends, colleagues and the community are welcome to join our efforts. They are invited to support education and make a gift to our school on your child's name or designate an employee matching gift.